Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Enjoying the ride

So my loves it has been quite a busy and fun couple of weeks in my life. As I mentioned before I decided to sign up for Central Casting here in LA to do some extra work for shits and gigs. I took it upon myself to meet with some of the casting directors there to see what they are looking for. Who knew that introducing myself and chatting for 2 minutes would get me 4 bookings in one week. Every set I've been on has been awesome. The crew & cast have been really nice too.

I have two words for you CRAFT SERVICES!!! My inner Dean Winchester comes out when I talk about craft services. My god do they have amazing food and I'm not just talking about rich foods either. I had to pinch myself when I saw the spread. Seriously people I don't know how I lived before this magical food machine appeared in my life. I have to admit I get the biggest kick out of seeing people who claim they don't eat crap food go right for the cake, cookies, and pasta...then go back for more. Furthermore, I don't know what to do when I'm not on set. Who is going to feed me?!?!? WHO?!

Aside from the food, this is a really fun gig to do. I look at this like any other job I've had. This is a business and you must be professional, kind, and most importantly listen. I'm being cast to be a part of a production, I'm not (nor have I ever thought I'm) bigger than anyone else. I'm the lowest man on the totem pole and I'm excited for the challenge. Before my last job ended I told myself that the next job I get "I don't care if I start at the bottom cause I will get to the top eventually."


Cheers~


(Below: Aaron Thomas & I on set)

No comments:

Post a Comment